Job Title: TPO Welder
Starting Hourly Wage: $12.00 to $14.00 for highly experienced welders.
Installers are very important in ensuring welds are done well, both in the overlaps and in the flashings. Strong welds are a key to making sure the final installation functions as a single sheet of membrane covering the entire roof. Therefore, applicants must have and be able to demonstrate welding capabilities.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure equipment is properly set up and in working order.
- Check Generator to ensure its running properly and supplying adequate power to welder. (Required min. 10K Watt). No other equipment should use the generator.
- Check extension cords (recommend a 12-gauge cord).
- Adjust the shoe position in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Make sure each sheet is pulled straight and flat before fastening.
- Install fasteners in line with the markings on the sheet.
- Ensure the second sheet is installed with the edge up against the overlap line on the first sheet.
- Lay out the TPO before welding.
- Detail work